• Administrator
  •  
    Welcome to BIRCurries.co.uk Discussion Forum
    Your One-Stop Resource for Discussing Anything to do With Replicating British Indian Restaurant (BIR) Style Curries at Home!

Please note that you need to be a MEMBER to access the recipe sections of the forum. Please REGISTER and then become a MEMBER by following the link below:

Membership gives you FULL ACCESS to:

• OVER 300 BIR-STYLE MAIN DISH CURRY RECIPES
    • OVER 300 BIR-STYLE STARTERS, ACCOMPANIMENTS & SIDE DISH RECIPES
    • OVER 100 BIR-STYLE CURRY BASE RECIPES
    • OVER 100 ANCILLARY RECIPES NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIR-STYLE CURRIES
    • OVER 100 TRADITIONAL & OTHER NON-BIR STYLE CURRY RECIPES

Please send me a Personal Message or email me, at admin@bircurries.co.uk, if you have any questions or if you need any assistance with using the forum.

Chicken madras/pilau rice

Photos of BIR & members' curries

PLEASE POST PHOTOS RELATING TO A SPECIFIC RECIPE IN THE ASSOCIATED RECIPE THREAD
Forum rules
Photos and discussions relating to a specific recipe to be posted in the associated recipe thread. Please start a new thread for a new (discrete) topic.
snoopy
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Chicken madras/pilau rice

Post by snoopy »

Chicken madras and pilau rice, Pro base gravy, Mix powder bengal masala powder, Very nice, CA feel free to use the pic for the forum banner :yes:
mad 2.JPG
mad 2.JPG (48.06 KiB) Viewed 4338 times
Bengali Garam Masala
1 ts Ground cloves
1 ts Cumin seed, ground
3 ts Cardamom seed, ground
3 ts Ground cinnamon
rshome123
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA
Favourite Curries: Chicken Vindaloo

Re: Chicken madras/pilau rice

Post by rshome123 »

Looks good Snoopy, although a little more zoomed in would be better for a banner pic.

You asked me recently about my base gravy. I posted it a few days ago. Will be interested in your opinion.
snoopy
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by snoopy »

Thankyou RS, Camera a bit old now and im not a big phone buff with all the hi tech cameras that now take really good photos, Base gravy! yes, Saw the recipe and as sure as god and hand on my heart, A bunch of fresh coriander stuffed in both ears, i promise by almighty base garvies i will cook it this week, :yes: Promise mate, im looking forward to it, :yes:
pubchef

Post by pubchef »

The Bengal mix is new to me. I will try it this week with my Tuesday Madras.
Alchemist
BHUT JOLOKIA
BHUT JOLOKIA
Favourite Curries: Lamb Jalfrezi

Post by Alchemist »

Looks nice and saucy snoops. Interesting spice mix.
emptyplate
PIMENTO
PIMENTO

Post by emptyplate »

pubchef wrote:The Bengal mix is new to me. I will try it this week with my Tuesday Madras.
Yeah me too!

Snoopy does the Bengal mix simply replace the standard 'mix powder' in the final dish or is it a replacement garam masala which goes into the Pro base??

Dish looks good, I'm getting consitant results with your pro base and Madras recipe - well happy :smart:
goncalo
CAYENNE
CAYENNE

Post by goncalo »

Not snoopy, but the bengal mix is a garam masala variation. It's mostly composed of aromatics.

The color of the madras reminds me of my favourite curries I get here in Ireland. How did you rate it? :)
I am the unbearable scorcher of tikkas!
snoopy
BIRD'S EYE
BIRD'S EYE

Post by snoopy »

Goncalo
The bengal mix is a garam masala variation. It's mostly composed of aromatics.
Emptyplate goncalo is correct its just another mix/variation/form of garam masala with aromatic flavours, You can add it with the mix powder or without, It was a nice addition to the madras, The spice mix is supposed to be roasted but i did a quick mix for tasters, I will roast the next batch and let you know how it goes, One good thing is that its not a massive amount to play around with, :yes: Yes it was very nice goncalo,

Heres the link for variations and the one i used,
http://bircurries.co.uk/forum/viewtopic ... 142&t=3656